My name is Krystal Schlabach, known to my students as Mrs. S. I am a creative thinker, a lover of all things positive and I am a teacher. I am a University of Northern British Columbia Bachelor of Education graduate. My specialty is English and Geography but through practicum experience I have dabbled in Social Studies and Human Geography. I have walked through many stages of life to get to the point of starting my career and to get to the point of pride in my work. I have worked many jobs to support my dream of becoming a teacher and made a move eight hours from my family to enroll in an education program that fit with my values. I am a farm girl born and raised and with this I bring the compassionate and empathetic nature of animal husbandry into the classroom. I come from a family who has drastically different views on life and have taken the strict German side that my father provided and shifted that mindset into something that looks like rules and expectations versus a box that does not allow someone to grow. My mothers side provided me with love, nourishment and an enthusiastic outlook on life. I was able to foster these two sides in my eight years as a caregiver. I had the wonderful opportunity to work with two different families, help raise 4 newborns and find my love for watching children go through the stages of development. It was in these jobs that I found my love of teaching because I wanted to continue to be a part of the lives of children, learners and students. My first Bachelors Degree where I majored in English led me in the direction of secondary teaching because I fell in love with creative writing and stories. I fell in love with all of the knowledge that comes from reading a book and wanted to pass that on to others. I graduated in 2018 and met the man who would be my husband in 2019 and made the move up to Prince George later that year when he got a job offer in forestry. I didn’t know at the time but that would be the first big step to me achieving my dream of becoming a teacher. Fast forward to 2021 – almost 2022 – and I am married, graduated with my second degree and am an employee of School District 57. I have more time for my fur babies who are the most important thing in my life and I have gained back time to spend with my husband and family who have followed me to Prince George. I am excited to begin this life of teaching in January 2022 and am looking forward to starting a contract February 2022.

No description available.